Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Belated Mother's Day

Happy belated Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! I know it's two days late, but my Mother's Day was so special that I had to tell you guys about it. Sunday morning was spent with my family out at breakfast, and we had a great time. We enjoyed each other's company, ate some yummy food, and watched my nephew shake his butt like his bowl of jello, singing "shake your jello, shake, shake your jello! Shake your booty, shake, shake your booty!" He is definitely the cutest. He woke me up Sunday morning looking like this. You can see just how much fun he is!



Then I got to go to Lance's house to go see his family and Skype with him! Mother's Day is one of the two days out of the year that missionary's get to call home and talk to their families. And luckily, Lance's family was kind enough to welcome me in to go Skype with him. Missionaries are allowed to talk to their families for about an hour, but since Elder McLaren is such a fantastic missionary and the mission president loves him, (his words, not mine!) we got to talk to him for two hours! It was amazing to see his handsome face and hear his voice. He told us stories about his mission and about the very interesting people of Montana. It was such an amazing two hours and I couldn't be more blessed to have such an amazing missionary to love. I can't believe that was the last time I will hear his voice or see his face for seven months, but that means he's going to be home in seven months! It's a long time, but it's going to hopefully fly by!


(That's him! Look at how handsome he is!)

And then Monday morning he got a transfer call and he is headed to Thermopolis, Wyoming! He has been in Montana for the last year and five months, so I think he is eager for a change of scenery. I am so excited for him to start a new chapter in his mission and for him to change so many people's lives. He is such a strong and faithful man and I know that he is going to do amazing things in Wyoming. And those people don't know how lucky they are to have such a great man there, and how jealous I am!

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day and that you told your mom you love her!

 photo beccasignature_zpse651b2da.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!