Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blog Everyday in May

I am so in love with my new blog design! I have to give the biggest thanks to my amazing best friend Emily over at Inhabit Your Moments for helping me put it together. And check out her blog because she is absolutely fantastic and I know you'll love her blog!
 
Anywho. Emily introduced me to Story of My Life and she is doing a Blog Everyday in May challenge, so I thought I would start my blog out strong with some fun things to help you guys get to know me! While I probably won't do it everyday, I'll be sure to try to keep up as much as possible. Day 2 asked me to educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at. So here you go!
 
Something that I am extremely passionate about and have spent the last three years studying in school is Special Education. I always knew that I wanted to be a teacher, and went into college as an Elementary Education major but quickly changed it to Rehabilitation. After realizing that I would probably have to go to grad school after graduating, I changed my major one last time to Special Education and fell in love. I have spent endless hours in classes learning everything I need to know about working with individuals with special needs and have worked with some of the best professors in the field of Special Education. I have also observed a great amount in Special Education classrooms, interacting with students and knowing what will work in my future classroom and what will not. And lastly, I have the greatest job in the world working with high school students and adults with special needs at a summer and winter camp. I have had so many amazing experiences and have grown so much as a person and cannot wait to finally get to work as a teacher to some exceptional students. So that is something I know a heck of a lot about and love very much, and I'm glad I got to share it with you guys!
 
 
 photo beccasignature_zpse651b2da.png

1 comment:

  1. YAY for your second blog post! So proud of you. ;) And I'm seriously loving your blog design. We did good. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope to hear from you! Comments are always welcome!